This article was featured on Dailymail
- Han Hyun-Min, 16, is becoming a rising star in the South Korean fashion world
- Korean-Nigerian model is becoming a regular on catwalks and glossy magazines
- But he is facing widespread racism in the ethnically homogenous country
- His agent, Youn Bum, has admitted recruiting him was a big gamble
- The pair were knocked back by many clients who branded him 'bad luck'.
A Nigerian teenager who is South Korea's first black model is rising through the ranks of the fashion world despite facing widespread racism.
Han Hyun-Min's powerful strut has made him a star on the country's catwalks, but his agent knew his heritage would be a problem in the ethnically homogenous country.
And while the 16-year-old is becoming a regular on the runways and glossy magazines, he suffers the legacy of discrimination against 'mixed blood' Koreans.